January 2, 2020

Happy Thursday! Well, Did you eat your disgusting black-eyed peas yesterday? That’s one tradition I forego. (Something about that texture reminds me of dirt—it’s like liver, one taste is all you need to know!) I like most things, I’m really not very picky but I can’t stand to have coffee in my mouth. Something about the chemistry of coffee just revolts my senses. I tried hard to like it with everyone else in college, but I just ended up sick. All my kids are coffee drinkers, but me...I stick with tea—and no organ meat, nor black eyed peas! But...taste and see...the Lord is good! 


“I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears...In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened; he saved me from all my troubles...Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!...The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed. The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭34:4, 6, 8, 17-19‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Psalm 34 is one of my favorites. I suppose because all of us at times have been frightened by some situation or troubled, or truly broken-hearted. Taste and see, the Lord is good. He frees us, He is our refuge, He hears us and He rescues us. What a blessed promise for the new year, amen? And as far as I’m concerned, it’s much better that putting our hopes for a blessed new year in a bowlful of muddy beans. 


Lord of Heaven, you are so good! Thank you for always coming to our rescue and for being our comforter. How blessed we are that when our spirits are crushed, you are there for us. When our hearts have been shattered, it is you who comforts us and holds us close. Through this coming year, remind us that you are the God who walks beside us and holds us when times are bad and when times are good. Teach us to learn to lean on you for our peace and our contentment. Thank you for your mercy and grace as we learn. We praise you El Elyon. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one, 

Pam



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020