February 21-His Peace

Happy Thursday. I’ve been inundated lately about having the love of Jesus and showing it to those around us. Last night in my class we talked a lot about what it means to love your enemies. What does it look like to be Jesus to those who treat you really badly? In the podcast I listened to while I was walking yesterday, I heard about showing the love of Jesus to a lost a dying world—being the right Jesus in a wrong world. And then, as I watched the second part of the John outline, (you guessed it) begins about love and how the followers of Jesus would be able to show a ridiculous love to those around them because of the Spirit that would abide within them. 


As I read the second part of the book of John, the thing that stuck with me was Jesus telling His disciples not to worry, that He was going to leave them with peace, His peace. It’s not a peace that the world can give you, but it’s a peace that only He could give them. And when He imparts that peace on us, His love can naturally flow from us and we are able to show a little of Jesus to those around us. 


““I’m telling you these things while I’m still living with you. The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you. I’m leaving you well and whole. That’s my parting gift to you. Peace. I don’t leave you the way you’re used to being left—feeling abandoned, bereft. So don’t be upset. Don’t be distraught.” John‬ ‭14:25-27‬ ‭MSG‬‬


So when the Holy Spirit takes residence in us, He reminds us of the things Jesus taught. He is God’s way of being with all Christians at all times. Jesus is the exact representation of God (Hebrews 1:3) and the He sent the Spirit in the Name of Jesus (John 14:26). The Spirit is the unique, loving personal presence that draws us into the relationship of the Father and Son. It’s pretty exciting, isn’t it? 


Lord thank you for giving the Holy Spirit to live with each of us and to guide us throughout this life. Help us to better show your love to those who don’t deserve it, but teach us to show your heart to them. Help us to realize they aren’t enemies, but hurting people who just need you. You are such a good good Father, and you love us so much, even when we don’t deserve it. We need the knowledge of your will and the understanding that the Spirit brings. We want to grow in our relationship with you. Grant us a deeper insight, a clear spiritual vision and a joyful heart. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam

https://youtu.be/RUfh_wOsauk



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020