February 11–Use Your Scapel

Happy Sunday! Are you iced in? We certainly are. There is a thick coat of ice here on everything. It is slick! Cars are crashing, people are falling, it’s a mess! I’m doing my best to stay safe and not fall. I’ve done well to avoid surgery on my shoulder for a year now and I don’t want to go and mess that all up because I fall on the ice. 


I don’t like to be cut on. When the scalpel cuts on you, it hurts. And it cuts straight through skin, muscle, nerves, vessels, and whatever else gets in its way. It makes a clean cut, but a cut none the less. And cuts are painful. And they take time to heal. 

Sometimes when I’m reading God’s Word, I hit something that hits me right where I live and have weaknesses. It cuts me. It hurts. And I realize once again that I need help to live a life worthy of His calling,

“God means what he says. What he says goes. His powerful Word is sharp as a surgeon’s scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying us open to listen and obey. Nothing and no one is impervious to God’s Word. We can’t get away from it—no matter what.”

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭4:12-13‬ ‭MSG‬

I believe it’s not only a good thing it hurts but a very good thing. It tells us we are wrong and we need to fix it quickly. (Like when you touch something hot, you move your hand!) It tells us we are not numb to the correction of the Word and the Spirit. That is vital if we want to continue to grow in our walk with Christ. The Word lays us open to listen and obey—the very core of our walk. 

“So we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call. May he give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do.”

‭‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭1:11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Pick up your Sword (or Scalpel) this day and let it do its work. 

Spirit of the Living Word, fall fresh on us. Fill us with your power and your desire to live daily for you and you alone. You are our God. We praise and lift Your Name in worship to You the only great King. You are El Elyon. Amen and amen. 

Love you dear friend, 

Pam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020