September 24, 2019

Merry Christmas Eve and love has come for the world to know and experience. The angels sang the mightiest chorus to the lowest people in society when the God of glory, who is full of mercy sent His Son into this world! Yes, what a sight that must have been! That’s one of those things that when I get to Heaven, I want to see a re-play of, you know? I’ve got a list. 


Sometimes I look at my little dog Boomer and think how little he realizes what I do for him. Now Boomer likes me—I’m his person. He wants to be close to me and in the same room and usually on top of me. But he has no clue that I buy his toys or make sure his bed is clean or that I buy the right food so his tummy won’t be upset or that I make sure he has water, and so on. He just assumes it’s all going to be there and be good. He wants extra food and more snacks than I give him, but I know it wouldn’t be good for him. 


Are we a little like that with God? No clue what He really does for us? How many times He makes sure things go right for us or that we have the right things or that we are learning the right lessons and making sure we get just enough and not too much? Do we just assume it’s supposed to happen and all be good? 


“He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me...To the faithful you show yourself faithful, to the blameless you show yourself blameless,...You, Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭18:19, 25, 28‬ ‭NIV‬‬


“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him ...This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.”

‭‭John‬ ‭3:16-17, 19‬ ‭NIV‬‬


Jesus came into the world for one reason. God loves us. He didn’t send Him here to tell us we were bad, but to be the Light and to draw us to the light—to be our “person” that we want to be close to. Love has come. Hallelujah and amen. 


God of Light thank you for making the path for us by sending the Light to this world and not to condem us but to save us. We love you Lord but we understand that the love we have is nothing is comparison to the great love you have for us. What a remarkable God you are and what a gift you gave to us. We celebrate the giving of that gift and we ask for you to continue to teach us the fullness of all it means for us. Bless us this day and care for those who are spending this holiday without their loved ones for the first time. Wrap your arms around them and let them feel your love. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear friend,

Pam





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020