December 3

It’s Tuesday as Hope has come. Are you an early shopper? I usually start early, have great intentions but than I shop right up until time to open gifts. This year however, I had most everything bought a few months early. Now the biggest problem with that is (if you know me you can finish this sentence) is remembering where I hid them! Alas, this year was no exception. Over the years, I found shoes for Tal after he had outgrown them, I found sweaters in June, and everytime we would move, all sorts of little stocking stuffers. The kida thought it was hilarious. But this year, I’ve been proactive and I’ve been searching early and so far, I think I have found it all. 


I’ve spent the last couple of days reading Mary’s Magnificat (Luke 1:46-55). Clearly this little girl gets it. She understands that God is getting ready to do something huge here—alter the course of mankind. It has always amazed me that a simple, child really, grasps what is happening here yet thirty years later, when it all unfolds, brilliant scholars have no clue. Maybe that’s why our omnipotent, omnipresent God at this moment in time, when the trajectory is about to bend, is spending time with little Mary. A lowly, young Jewish girl, not much more than a baby herself, in an obscure village. He’s also investing special time with her cousin, an old, barren woman. Yet both are humble and listening to God when He speaks. 


“Why am I so honored, that the mother of my Lord should visit me? ...You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said.””

‭‭Luke‬ ‭1:43, 45‬ ‭NLT‬‬


“Mary responded, “Oh, how my soul praises the Lord. How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior! For he took notice of his lowly servant girl, and from now on all generations will call me blessed. For the Mighty One is holy, and he has done great things for me.”

‭‭Luke‬ ‭1:46-49‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Really, the only people who can truly praise and magnify the Lord are people like Mary and Elizabety—people who are humble and listening for the direction of God, people who understand who God is and that He alone is worthy of worship. When we acknowledge that we are sinners saved by grace, and God is holy and we become overwhelmed by His glory, we like Mary and Elizabeth can begin to understand the magnificence of God. We can find the present, the Hope or maybe...we just need to remember. 


Oh Lord, our soul magnifies you and our spirit rejoices in you our Savior. For you who are holy have done great things and holy is your name. Your mercy is for those who fear you from generation to generation. You have shown strength with your arm. We pray you would speak to us and teach us to be your hands and feet. We seek to hear your voice and to share the Hope you have brought with those around us. We know that because you have come once you will come again. Let this Advent season be a time is reflection and surrender and joyful anticipation in the time we spend with you. How we love you Lord! Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020