December 27

Happy Friday! Have you enjoyed or exchanged all your gifts yet? I do love gifts. I think mostly I love the idea that someone thought of me and picked out something they thought I’d like. I don’t really care if it cost $1 or $100–for me, it’s all about taking a little time to think about me. 


Then, I think about how God sees me and how He gifts me and it takes my breath away. Evidently it amazed David as well. 


“Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!...When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them? You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor. You made them rulers over the works of your hands; you put everything under their feet: all flocks and herds, and the animals of the wild, the birds in the sky, and the fish in the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas. Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭8:1, 3-9‬ ‭NIV‬‬


Truly how majestic is God’s name! But to exalt the name of God, we must make the works and words of Jesus the content of our exultation. And when the Holy Spirit pours the love of God out in our hearts, we are truly magnifying and giving back to Jehovah God Almighty. 


God of Heaven and Earth, how great and giving you are. Thank you for your great love that we did nothing to earn yet you freely gave. Humble us to accept the gifts you have so richly blessed us with and help us to respond to you with an outpouring of our love and devotion. Help us to devote our lives to the ways and words of Jesus and to filling our hearts with the precious Holy Spirit. Enable us to love others with the same love you showed others. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020