December 11, 2019

Yesterday, I watched a little bit of a show my sister recommended about a town somewhere in the northwest set on a river. The clear, cool river moved at a lazy pace and reminded me of many of the ones in Colorado that you’re not quite sure if it’s a big stream or a small river. I sort of obsessed over that river and backed it up a time or two. I kept thinking about that old song “I’ve got peace like a river, I’ve got peace like a river..” It never made a lot of sense to me before because I thought of white river rafting and rapid rivers (not so peaceful) but those slow moving, gently flowing rivers are pretty peaceful. Peace, like a river. 


“Oh, that you had listened to my commands! Then you would have had peace flowing like a gentle river and righteousness rolling over you like waves in the sea.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭48:18‬ ‭NLT‬‬


And we know that true peace was not to be had until Jesus came and brought with him the possibility of peace for mankind. There are few feelings worse than distress or complete agitation. That feeling of unsettled that just seems to sit like a weight on your chest. But peace, true peace, that deep down, knowing that you and the Savior are on the same page and He is in control of your life, now that’s good stuff. 


“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

‭‭John‬ ‭14:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬


You bring light out of darkness

Order from chaos

Glory from all that was cursed

You are a holy presence only you could bring

You are a God from heaven to the things unseen

You are the God reviving what was dead in me

You are the Lord, you are the Lord


Lord Jesus we love you and adore you. We thank you for the peace you bring for it is a peace that only you can give. We know it’s a peace that the world cannot understand nor experience. We pray for those who are crying out “Where is He who is born?” This time of year more than all others with all of the pageantry, help us to constantly turn our hearts, minds and conversations toward you. You are the Lord and you brought what was dead back to life in all of us. You bring a holy presence we enjoy that can come from nowhere else. We worship you and praise you for your great mercy and thank you for your grace. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020