November 29-I Am Adopted

Happy Black Friday! Are you shopping today? Or working? Or just trying to just work off all of the “blessings” of yesterday? I’m doing a little of all of the above today! The family and I had a great time yesterday. We found out that our little Bo (who just turned a year old in October) is going to be a big brother next June! We are pretty excited about this latest miracle that Tracy shared with us during our time of counting blessings with one another—It brought tears and hugs and smiles all around.


“The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭28:7‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Casey was next to give her blessing, but we all laughed because obviously, Tracy was a tough act to follow. Later when we were laughing about it she said “Welll I went all the way to Taiwan to get mine!” To which I replied “And I don’t care how you get them! I just want them!” And it’s absolutely true! 


It made me think about our adoption into Gods family. I don’t really think He cares how we get there as long as we get there. He doesn’t love us one bit more if we come “naturally” or easily or younger than if someone had to go ½ way around the world to find us. Or if we came older or in a convoluted, broken-road way. He is over joyed we are here. Whether we came at 5 or 50, whether we came as the child of Christian parents or the child of heathens who never opened a Bible, or whether we never even knew our parents. God doesn’t care one bit, just like me and my grand babies only more so (that’s only possible because he’s God.) . 


Do you think it matters to me that some of my precious grands were physically born to someone else berfore my daughter and son-in-law signed the papers to give them their name? The thought is ludicrous. The first glimpse of a photo of those babies forever solidified a place in my heart. I called all my friends and showed that picture to everyone saying “Look at my newest grandbaby!” God and His angels rejoiced the minute you and I decided to join his forever family. He adopted us and we gained all rights and privileges due the child of the King, just like my babies.


And once we take on his name, we should begin to take on his characteristics and begin to act like Him. We don’t just get a label, we are transformed, changed. Of all eight of my grandkids, little Gracie is absolutely, hands-down the most like me. Sometimes is it hilarious how very much like me she is! She even wants my advice on how to dress and she borrows my clothes. She asks me how to wear make-up. How great this plan of God’s is and how spectacular it is that we can see it working on a scale-like model in our own lives. I’m so glad I’m a part of this family of God. Aren’t you? Joint-heirs with Jesus as we travel through this life. 


“God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure….He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins. He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding….Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan.”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:5, 7-8, 11‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Lord of Life how amazing you are! I marvel at not only who you are but how you work out your plan right before our eyes in such ways that we can see it happening. If we will only open our eyes and listen to you Spirit, you reveal to us your ways and you teach us no matter how old, no matter how young. Thank you for loving us so that even those of us who are broken and feel so unworthy are still loved completely. What a wonderful place to be—to know that the one who knows me best, loves me most! Thank you Father for making me part of your family and for giving me your name. For giving me an inheritance. Teach me to act a little more like you every day Jesus. I want to remember to ask your advice on everything I do and remember to think about how you would respond before I act. I want people to know to whom I belong. Surround us this day and go before us. We give you all the praise and worship due our Lord. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear friend,

Pam





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020