November 28-Thanksgiving 

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a wonderful day filled with remembrance of all the blessings in your life — plus some really great eats!! As the psalmist writs in 118,


“Open for me the gates where the righteous enter, and I will go in and thank the Lord. These gates lead to the presence of the Lord, and the godly enter there. I thank you for answering my prayer and giving me victory! The stone that the builders rejected has now become the cornerstone. This is the Lord’s doing, and it is wonderful to see. This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it...You are my God, and I will praise you! You are my God, and I will exalt you! Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭118:19-24, 28-29‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Give thanks to the Lord for He is good!! And I love the fact that David knew that singing and thanksgiving were more important to God than they most prefect of his sacrifices. 


“Then I will praise God’s name with singing, and I will honor him with thanksgiving. For this will please the Lord more than sacrificing cattle, more than presenting a bull with its horns and hooves.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭69:30-31‬ ‭NLT‬‬


How wonderful it is that this entire day, all day, we can remember to thank the Lord Almighty with each bite, with each hug and with every smile!


Father of Light, we love you and we adore you but most of all, we offer you our thanks. We thank you for our friends and family, and we thank you for our community and our churches. We thank you for our circle of believers with whom we can rely on to hold up our arms when we are weary. How blessed we are with all you have provided us! Spirit we owe so much to you for being with us each minute of every day. Thank you for leading us and guiding us, and whispering the words of life to us. Lord Jesus, thank you for your precious gift of salvation, for your love and for your mercy that never runs dry. We are so blessed by your grace that we simply can’t understand and certainly don’t deserve. We offer you our worship and our thanksgiving. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one. 

Pam



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020