November 11–Milk to Meat

Happy Monday. I hope you had a good time in the Lord this weekend and were able to be with other believers in worship. Yesterday, I heard a speaker say that the Holy Spirit guiding us is not an odd thing, a only sometimes thing nor a random thing. Instead, for those of us who call God “father”, is should be a very normal, everyday thing. “For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:14‬ ‭NIV‬‬


And when we are led by the Spirit, we can move into being a mature believer, one who steps up rather than one who just crawls around with no direction or understanding. 


“You have been believers so long now that you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things about God’s word. You are like babies who need milk and cannot eat solid food...Solid food is for those who are mature, who through training have the skill to recognize the difference between right and wrong.”

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭5:12, 14‬ ‭NLT‬‬


I believe the “solid food” comes when we learn to listen with our hearts to the Spirit’s guiding. I will say, God has never spoken to me in an audible voice, but I can tell you, He has spoken loud and clearly to me on a few occasions. Mostly though, it’s a still small voice. I have to be listening and paying attention. I get impressions or a person is brought to mind to pray for, or in situations, I’m given the right words to say. I fully believe my work in writing is often due to the Spirit’s guiding. 


As Christians who want to move forward with Christ, it’s not good enough for us to tread water or simply to rest where we are. There is a journey to begin, and steps upardward to take. It reminds me so very much of Greece being mountainous. The Apostle Paul wasn’t only walking along on even ground, he was often climbing over mountains to get to the next town. He was physically climbing. It’s such a perfect representation of what our journey can look like—climbing, stepping upward. If we want to grow from drinking milk to eating solid food, if we want to start climbing rather than crawling on the floor, we have of open our hearts and truly listen to the Holy Spirit as He communicates with us. 


Have you ever said “Hey, are you even listening to me?” I said that only about 10,000 times to my kids. So many times I feel like the Spirit has said that exact thing to me. But if I’ll stand up, and be still, if I’ll be quiet and meditate on Gods word, if I’ll but yield my stubborn-self for just a bit, it’s amazing what I can hear! 


Spirit, I pray you would speak to us today. Teach us to stand and yield to you. You are the Sustainer and Comforter and I pray you would help us to hear your voice. What a marvelous gift you are sent from the Father to reside right here among us. We pray that this very day, we would feel your presence and be assured you are God. Lead us, guide us where our feet need to go and bring us into step with you. Surround us, go before us, and we pray that we would allow you to shine through to those around us. We want to make Jesus known. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear friend, 

Pam



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020