October 2-Perfect place, time and design

Its Wednesday. In looking through old pictures to find ones of my mom, I found all sorts of things that I spent time looking over and remembering (as we do in a box of old pics). As I pondered her nearly 92 years, I kept thinking about the amazing chunk of history she saw! 


But why that chunk? Why was she born in 1927 and not 1827 or 2012 or 1000 BC? Why in rural Kentucky to be one of ten kids and not in Virginia or China or Peru? Why that time and place and not some other? 


“From one man he made all the people of the world. Now they live all over the earth. He decided exactly when they should live. And he decided exactly where they should live. God did this so that people would seek him. Then perhaps they would reach out for him and find him. They would find him even though he is not far from any of us. 'In him we live and move and exist.' As some of your own poets have also said, 'We are his children.'” Acts‬ ‭17:26-28‬ ‭NIRV‬‬

‬‬

Our time of birth and death are not per chance nor random. God had selected the perfect time and place for each of us to live out our lives as well as for every person who has ever lived or ever will live. And notice why He does that—so that we would seek Him. We are in this place at this time for the express reason and purpose to seek after God right here, right now. 


God’s design for us is both excellent and perfect. Our purpose has been established exactly as He planned just like the color of our eyes or the length of our legs. We are His workmanship. God seeing the whole picture, choose to make me me, and to make you you, and to make my mama exactly who she was and not some variation. 


“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:13-16‬ ‭NIV‬‬


Fearfully and wonderfully, complex and special. God’s design for us, who we are, and when and where we are is cause for great comfort and gratitude. All our days are fully ordained. That means even the terrible, horrible, awful days were ordained, right along with the wonderful, glorious, amazing days. All ordained for the express purpose of seeking Him. 


Lord of Heaven, we believe that you have formed us and made us to be in the best possible place in your design. The time you have chosen for us and the place where we came to be were selected with the utmost care and attention to every detail. Thank you for making each of us unique, special and perfect. Forgive us Father when we complain and question and feel like we are just a drop in the ocean. You see us and know us from before we are born to our last breath. Help us to continually seek you and to desire to be ever closer to you. How great you are and how blessed are we to be your child caring your great design. Help us to live lives so that you might shine clearly through us. Praise you Jehovah. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020