August 23

Happy Friday to you! Yesterday, as I was pulling out of my son’s driveway, my little grandson was clinging to his mama, as he was sitting on her hip. He was safe and secure with his little head leaning on her shoulder. He was relaxed and content and wasn’t focused on anything other than what was happening right then. He wasn’t proud, or anxious or thinking what was beyond his control or his realm of understanding. He was just happy because of who was holding him. He was content because of the one he was with. 


In the Psalm of the Ascent 131, we are told that when God is holding us, His holy presence,does that for us. 


“Lord, my heart is not proud; my eyes are not haughty. I don’t concern myself with matters too great or too awesome for me to grasp. Instead, I have calmed and quieted myself, like a weaned child who no longer cries for its mother’s milk. Yes, like a weaned child is my soul within me. O Israel, put your hope in the Lord — now and always.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭131:1-3‬ ‭NLT‬‬


We can become quickly upset when our eyes are on anything other than God, when we seek anything outside of His presence. When we wander off, we are filled with fear far too easily. But no matter how far we go, He hears our cries and never hesitates to gather us back up into His love, even when we have pushed Him away again and again and exercised our independence from Him. His faithfulness runs deeper still. At any moment, we can enter into His presence and find the pandemonium brought to peace, our perspective cleared, and our tears transformed. No matter our age, I pray that we will never believe we have outgrown our need for His presence and our hope will always be in the Lord. 


Thank you Father for always loving us and for caring for us your children. Sometimes we forget that our hope is in you and we try to fight our battles alone. Help us to remember where our true strength lies and I you, we won’t be shaken by drought nor storm. Thank you for the peace that passes understanding. You are our song Lord. We praise and lift you high. Father, we pray that you would touch our friends who are fighting disease and sickness and our friends who are grieving loss. Let them feel your holy presence, living in them, and caring for them. We love you and worship you this day. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear friend,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020