June 3


Good Monday! I’m on a plane this morning to New York. This afternoon I fly out for Tel Aviv. I’ve been up since 3:00 am so I could get on the plane and I realized I forgot my Group luggage and “person” tags back in Missouri (I hope they don’t lose me!) 


On the tarmac where we took off was the Patriots’ airplane with the logo and the six super bowl trophies on the tail. That part of the country is certainly proud of that team. Last night, I watched some of the Sooner women take on Alabama in the softball playoffs (and it was a great game!) We as a country love our sports and we are never at a loss to talk about them. 


But our God tells us that even more than we talk about those things that interest us, like sports, we should be talking about Him, the Great I AM. 


““Listen, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders. Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.”

‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭6:4-9‬ ‭NLT‬‬


And not only talk about The Lord our God, but we are to write those words everywhere to remember them and repeat them again and again so that they are continually on our mind and we won’t forget them. Rather than putting our favorite team’s logo (or what ever else we may identify with) on our door posts, we are to put scripture there. “The Lord is our God, the Lord alone.”  





Sometimes I need help remembering what really should be the main thing and what things should be just icing. The world has a way of sucking us in and tying up our time. But just like I’m physically way about the earth right now, when we step back and take a 20,000 ft view of our lives, we can see the difference. 


Lord God, help us to continually think of you and to put you in the front of our minds rather than the silly things of this world. Nothing compares with you and the promise we have in you. You are Jehovah and we seek to worship you alone. Thank you for being so patient with us and for your marvelous grace. Praise you El Elyon, the God most high. Bless us this day, Father and keep us safe from the evil one. We lift up your Name. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one, 

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020