June 17-We Can Trust Him

It’s Monday friend. I hope you had a great weekend. I truly enjoyed worshipping yesterday—great sermon, beautiful music and a heart-filling spirit. We sang “Lift up your eyes, the King has arrived” and I thought of Jesus walking on the water to the Disciples. They had set out to sea and the winds and the waves became rough. They were concerned and when they saw what appeared to be a ghost, they were down right afraid. But He said “It is I!” The King had arrived. 


When we were on the Mount of Arbel, we could see the entire Sea of Galilee. It’s really more of a good size lake. It’s 40 miles around it. Eighty percent of Jesus’ ministry was here, in less than a 10 mile area. Incredible. 


It has been said that God scooped out the Sea of Galilee and “placed it here to be His earthly thoroughfare.” It is so evident that his area was designed uniquely for Jesus’ ministry. In this place where He spent most of His life, He had freedom to come and go, to teach and preach. He used all kinds of everyday life illustrations so people could understand what He was telling them. And He want just doing it for the people of that time, but for us, who later believe. 


““My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.” John‬ ‭17:20-23‬ ‭NIV‬‬


The Sea of Galilee where Jesus taught us to be one, is a beautiful place where we sailed twice. One during the day, and again at night. Night was the most dramatic. Starring across those black waters, one could easily understand the fright of the disciples. It would be scary to look up and see a white figure appearing in the dark. But He called to them, and said “It is I. Don’t be afraid.”  


“A strong wind was blowing and the waters grew rough. When they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus approaching the boat, walking on the water; and they were frightened. But he said to them, “It is I; don’t be afraid.”” John‬ ‭6:18-20‬ ‭NIV‬‬


We can trust Him. We can trust that Jesus is there. In the midst of the dark and the rough stuff, we can know He is there. The God who says “Peace be still” knows how to bring calm to an awful situation, we just have to step back and let Him. Life is not always calm nor easy, but remember? Instantly, when Jesus came into the boat, they were where they wanted to go. Lift up your eyes, the King has arrived. 


Jesús, Master and King, we praise you for calming our storms. You are the God of the sea, land and skies of our lives and we want you to teach us how to let you take over. We thank you for your lessons by the Sea and how they continue to teach us basic and complex lessons today. You are a great God who has overcome the world and set us free. Help us to live like we believe that to the extent that the world will see and know that you are indeed God. We pray that we learn to trust you more each day. Hallelujah to our King! Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020