May 10–The Message is Stable

Happy Friday. Yesterday my sister and I spent most of the day taking mom to appointments. Before the day was over, Sissy and I were both wearing lead vests and holding mom so she could get an x-ray. You just never know where the day will take you, do you? Mom (in late stages of Alzheimer’s) requires care much like a toddler but for the most part is really sweet and kind to most everyone. She hasn’t forgotten her manners nor us she forgotten that she loves us. In a very real way, she is dependent on care givers for her wellbeing and stability. 


God promises us that His Word provides our wellbeing, giving our lives stability. Since the Scripture is without spot or wrinkle, it is true throughout the generations. When we fear or give God the reverence due, we find ourselves working toward a better relationship with Him. That attitude of our heart seeks out a pure and everlasting relationship with the Lord and we want to please Him. Our respect for His Word, causes us to seek good choices and avoid bad behaviors that would displease the Father. 


“Reverence for the Lord is pure, lasting forever. The laws of the Lord are true; each one is fair.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭19:9‬ ‭NLT‬‬


The Bible teaches us to properly relate to God so we can know Him better, walk more nearly, and hold tighter to Him. 


“But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold....Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.”

‭‭Psalm‬ ‭73:2, 23-24‬ ‭NIV‬‬


He always holds on to us, gives us His good counsel and ushers is Into glory. 

God’s Word is eternal, “enduring forever.” It is the only stable source we can grasp when circumstances shake our world and we don’t know where to turn. We never have to worry that God’s word needs an upgrade, or a remodel. It is just as relevant today, in 2019 as it was thousands of years ago. 


“But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold....Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.”

‭‭Psalm‬ ‭73:2, 23-24‬ ‭NIV‬‬


Lord Jesus, we thank you for your Word that brings us stability, that holds us when our feet slip. We know that things may change, circumstances vary, but your Word is always current because it is your message to us. Help us to convey the Good News of your Word and of your love to those who haven’t heard—those who seek the stability that only you can provide. We love you and we worship you, our great King Almighty. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020