April 4

Happy Thursday. Yesterday I was trying to finish up my taxes when I got a call that I needed to find the title for my Toyota. Try as I might, I couldn’t put put my hands in it. Don’t you hate to lose something? I looked through all my files, though the boxes that I had stored with the “I’m not sure what to do with stuff” and still...no title. I found copies of old vehicles, receipt for the registration for title, but not the title itself. 


It drives us crazy to lose things, doesn’t it? I watch that show hoarders and those people are super afraid of losing anything that they keep everything and more. But most of us do hate losing our things, but even more so, we hate to lose in a “discussion” or when we are fighting for our own way or our opinion. We want to win. 


“Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?” Matthew‬ ‭16:24-26‬ ‭NLT‬‬


It’s a contradiction, isn’t it? To win you first have to lose? To save you have to give up? To find your stuff you first have to give it away? It goes against everything in our nature, everything that we assume is true. One thing we see about Jesus, He always wants all of us. Not a part of us, not just a couple of days a week, but all of us, all the time. He wants all or nothing. He couldn’t stand the Pharisees who played at being religious, but had all sorts of other stuff in their hearts. He is a jealous God who wants us totally committed. All in. 


Jesus Lord of All, we want to commit all to you this day. We want to be all in because we know we have gained nothing if we have the whole world but lose our soul. Your love amazes us and overwhelms us so how can we keep from shouting your praise? We know we are loved by the King and it makes our heart want to sing forever “Hallelujah the Lamb has overcome!” Please go before us this day, guard our back and surround us with your holy presence. Thank you Lord for your great grace and mercy that never gives up on us. You consistently amaze us. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020