April 29-He Gets Us

Good Monday to you! Last night forty or so of us got together for information and instructions about our Israel-trip. Naturally, I slept very little and my bed is covered in maps, books and brochures—I am so excited that I can hardly contain myself! I’ve read, watched videos, and paid careful attention to places when I’m in the Scripture, trying to take it all in. We will go to Jordan for two days, see Petra—land of the Moabites (where Ruth was from). To get to the city “half as old as time” and one of the “seven wonders of the world” you must go by horseback (or camel). 


Maybe one of the most exciting is the visit to the city of Magdala (home of Mary Magdalene). This city was excavated in 2006 and the synagogue is in really good shape. This is one of the few places where we can be fairly certain Jesus stood and preached. Just to stand where Jesus stood and to walk where Jesus walked. I think it may be a life-changer for me.


But as I’m looking and thinking about how great this trip will be (and it will) I can’t help but think how great and wonderful it is that I don’t have to travel 1/2 way around the world to be with Jesus. I don’t have to jump through any hoops or ask someone to enter into the holy of holies for me after I’ve given my doves or what I could afford for sacrifice. I have free access. Every day, all day, and even in the middle of the night when I can’t sleep. Full, 24/7 access. 


And He’s never tired, He never gets frustrated with me when I over think things or ask Him the same thing for the 112th time or even when I simply don’t know what to say and so I just say that. He gets me even when the thoughts are flying through my brain like ping pong balls and they don’t ever really line up so neatly like the power ball machine. He knows where I’m coming from and where I’m trying to go. And He gets you too. 


A couple of weeks ago I was on the road and I was lost (nothing new for me). But it was dark and I couldn’t tell from the phone where I was and I was confused. So I called Tal (he tracks my phone). I told him I was lost and where I was trying to go. He quickly said ok, you’re about 3 miles from where you need to turn right and then he gave me the rest of the directions. He could see me, where I was and where I needed to go. Don’t you see? That what Jesus does for us every day. He knows exactly where we’ve come from, where we are and where we are headed. Isn’t it great that the King of Glory helps us every step of every day? 


““I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.””

‭‭John‬ ‭16:33‬ ‭NIV‬‬


Dear Jesus, we praise you and lift you high for you have overcome the world! We are so grateful to you that because of your great grace, we have a peace that is beyond all understanding. Even when trouble come on us, when the world had us trapped and we may feel surrounded, we can know we are truly surrounded by you, our Shield and Defender. How great are you Lord! We want your breath to fill our lungs in rejoicing for the hearts you have restored. In your precious name, amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020