April 10–At a Loss for Words

Happy Wednesday to you. How’s your week going? Every so often I get caught up and I just do t know what to pray. I know there is something pulling at my soul but I’m at a loss for words. Does that ever happen to you? (I know, crazy, right? Who would ever guess that I’d be at a loss for words?) Well, yesterday was such a day. It caused me to remember a chorus to a song that Charles Billingsley wrote. 


I am empty

You are holy

Come and fill my soul with who you are

In my silence 

You still hear me

In the quiet of this moment I am heard

I'm overwhelmed

And at a loss for words

And I thought I’m not alone! That’s exactly how I feel! An he is so very correct because in our silence, we are told He does still hear us because the Spirit, who knows us better than we know ourselves, still speaks for us.

“Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.”  ‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:26-28‬ ‭MSG‬‬

Dear Lord thank you for being the God who hears even when we don’t know what to say! You are holy and know our hearts’ desires. You know what we long for and what we want to say and we are confident you will keep us before the throne of grace. You are our deliverance and our sustainer, you are glorious and marvelous, but truly there is so much more to who you really are. Praise you Jehovah, King of Glory. Amen and amen. 

Love you dear one, 

Pam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020