May 7–The God of Now

i got very sick very quickly yesterday afternoon. I’m going to the doctor this morning but I can’t really put together a good thought so I decided I’d pull out the one from last year on this exact date—my friend Leanne had surgery! 


Good (Thursday) to you. So far has you week gone well? Yesterday, my good friend LeAnn had a fairly serious surgery that was completed last night about 9:00 pm. She was diagnosed about 3 weeks ago with “the” scary word and has had to carry that burden. Her surgery went well and she has a good prognosis but she will have to wait on biopsy results to breathe well. 


All the way driving to Tulsa to be at the hospital, I kept thinking of Revelation 1:8 “...I am the God who is, the God who was, and the God who is to come.” Because He says “the God who is” first, I think we can know that the right now is the most important time for Him and for us—this very minute that we are existing in. So for my friend, her scariest time, the time her fears in the very moments right before her surgery were moments that God was present and those present moments were the most important time to her Savior and her Comforter.and then the time of the surgery, while friends and family prayed, He was there. And when she came out-He was there. He is the God of here and now. Right where we are. 


I have a book by Ruth Graham “Fear Not Tomorrow, God is Already There.” I love the message in the title but I always want to tag it with “And fear not today either, because God is with you here at the very same time. Isn’t He amazing?” 


“...for He Himself has said, I will never leave you or forsake you. Therefore, we may boldly say: The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:5-6‬ ‭HCSB‬


I will never leave you nor forsake you. What a glorious promise! Amen? To think that the God who in in charge of the Angel armies, who not only created the universe, he controls it, still never leaves me. Wow. 


 Jehovah-Rapha, you are the God who heals and you are the God of the here and now. Yes, you are the God of the resurrection, but also of right now. We love you Father. You are our God, the Messiah who formed the Universe and measure the stars with your fingers. We praise you for all the mighty things you have done and for the miracles you have worked with Leanne. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020