March 4–The Battle for the Mind

Happy Monday. I hope you had a good weekend and if you didn’t get to go to church, you were able to at least listen to a sermon. That’s what we had to do. But the great thing about Jesus is that He can be right there in the room with us even when we are watching a podcast that was recorded a few days earlier, right? It doesn’t matter where we are. 


I’ve been trying to change my walking routine from one mile to two miles. It doesn’t sound like much but after that first mile it’s easy to just tell myself “One mile is good, do two tomorrow.” And if I don’t have my mind fixed on doing the two miles, I’m likely to stop and eat Chick-fil-A with the waffle fries instead of walking! It’s all about self control of my mind and making sure to have my ear buds sufficiently charged up. If I’m not listening to the right music or better yet a podcast that builds up my mind, I’m libel to fall away and not finish my goal. And even if I do finish, not finish with a good time. 


I’ve been studying Peter recently and for a fisherman, Peter was a pretty smart guy. (Although there are historians who question if Peter the apostle is the author of I and II Peter, most agree he probably was.) Nonetheless, Peter speaks a lot about the battle of the mind and how if we can transform our minds, our actions will follow. If we can keep the right message playing in our ears, our minds become prepared. What are we listening to? What kinds of things are we giving space in our brains?


“So prepare your minds for action and exercise self-control. Put all your hope in the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world. So you must live as God’s obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then. But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.”” 1 Peter‬ ‭1:13-16‬ ‭NLT‬‬


As Paul said:

“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬


Lord of Heaven and Earth change us from the inside out, transform us and renew our minds so we may become holy as you are holy. Lord we want our actions to follow your will and to prove good and acceptable for all you have laid out for us. You are perfect in all of your ways, and we want to live as your obedient children. We place our hope in the joy of our salvation and our trust in your great mercy and grace. We love you and praise you today. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020