March 14-In Control

Happy Thursday. Do you ever wonder who is really In control?  Yesterday, at work the UPS man came with his delivery and asked for a signature. I, thinking I'm always in charge, picked up the pen just In time to hear Adam "gently" yell "No Pam, you can't sign that!" Evidently, I didn't have the authority. But who is In control? In the store it's Adam--to a point. In my house's it's me--to a point. But ultimate control?  We say we believe it's God, but do we practice it?


 One of the people I think of putting all their eggs in one basket, really believing God was in full control, Is Gideon who knew for a fact that God controlled every facet of everything including the dew. So when he wasn’t sure about what God would have him to do, he asked him to show him a sign though the dew on the fleece. Then, just the opposite sign just to be sure!


“Then Gideon said to God, “If you are truly going to use me to rescue Israel as you promised, prove it to me in this way. I will put a wool fleece on the threshing floor tonight. If the fleece is wet with dew in the morning but the ground is dry, then I will know that you are going to help me rescue Israel as you promised.” And that is just what happened. When Gideon got up early the next morning, he squeezed the fleece and wrung out a whole bowlful of water. Then Gideon said to God, “Please don’t be angry with me, but let me make one more request. Let me use the fleece for one more test. This time let the fleece remain dry while the ground around it is wet with dew.” So that night God did as Gideon asked. The fleece was dry in the morning, but the ground was covered with dew.”

‭‭Judges‬ ‭6:36-40‬ ‭NLT‬‬


The test was significant because Israel’s enemy served Baal, believing that he controlled the dew and the rain and therefore the success of the crops. Gideon knew who was actually in charge, but the answer certainly helped his resolve. When God proved He had control over even the few on Gideon’s fleece, he was more than convinced of God’s power and it strengthened his resolve to lead the Israelites into battle. If the God who was in charge of it all was with him, he could face anything with courage and peace.


Where do we stand today? Do we need to lay out the fleece? There have been times in my life when I have and it has certainly strengthened my belief that God is in charge. He controls the dew . . . the rain . . . and everything else that comes our way. Give Him full authority—He’s already in control. 


Almighty God, thank you for being in control of all. You rule the universe as effortlessly as breath and still have all the time you need for each of us. What an amazing God you are. We praise you for showing yourself to us and convincing us when we come to you with a contrite spirit. You are the Great I Am and no one will ever take your place. Walk with us today and teach us to be more like you. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear friend,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020