February 8–Cleaning Day

It’s Friday! Yesterday, was a snow day and I cleaned house...pretty much the whole day and who would have thought that so much dust and dirt could gather under my bed, under the dresser, under books even. But alas, it does. Most often I’m a “quick clean” sort of gal but yesterday, I tried hard to get all the nooks and crannies. Sometimes it’s just necessary. And sometimes it’s just necessary in my life, too. 


I try to spend time with God and listening to Him—I have quiet time, corporate worship time, study time and just meditation time. When that is all in sync, I do well, but sometimes, I start to clean with a “lick and a promise” in my spiritual life and the corners start to collect dust. I overlook things in my life that the Lord would have me working on to improve; I forget to ask Him to connect me, to help me move toward a holy life. Sometimes I need to spend a day and clean my heart. 


“Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Rescue me from my enemies, Lord; I run to you to hide me. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭143:8-10‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Everyday I need to say “Teach me to do your will for you are my God.” The Psalmist here is specific—not only to SHOW me your will, but TEACH me to do it. If we have the Lord as our God, we have the Spirit as our guide for the journey. It seems clear that unless the heart is lifted up to God, and the affections of the soul are drawn to Him, it is useless to try to follow the Spirit. We have to clean the dust and dirt out of our heart. 


Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for providing a way for us to follow you through this life’s maze. Forgive us where we have failed you unintentionally and for the times we were foolish and just failed you outright. We praise you because we can hear of your love each morning, your mercies that you promise us are new each day and lots of mornings we need to start anew. Teach us to do your will because truly, we are your people and you are our God. We love you and want to be more like you. We want to walk on firm footing and know it is the Rock of Ages on whom we stand. We worship you, our only wise King. Amen and amen.


Love you dear one,

Pam



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020