February 25–The Expert

Happy Monday! As much as I love warm weather, the erratic weather patterns of the spring wreak havoc with my head. I fought a headache this weekend that turned to a full blown migraine yesterday. When that happens, I really can’t think well. Sometimes, they get out of my control and I have to turn them over to the experts and get a shot (or three) to manage the pain. 


That’s the way my spiritual life can get. Sometimes in the matter of a few days, I’ve messed it up badly enough that you’d have thought it would have taken 30 years instead of 3 days. And I am in such pain that I realize I’m not thinking correctly about the situation nor is there any way I can fix it. I need THE expert who in the blink of an eye can straighten me out. 


When I’m down and out, one of my go-to places is right here. And it’s like God reminds me with just a touch of sarcasm “Don’t you know? Haven’t I told you over and over?”


“Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:28-31‬ ‭NIV‬‬


Father God, thank you for the promises contained in your word. And when we grow weary and hurt, thank you for your amazing comfort that cushions us and makes us clean. Before We took a breath, you breathed your life in us and you were singing over us; you have been so good and kind to us. Oh your overwhelming, never ending, reckless love that finds us no matter where we run. We love you and praise you this day. Thank you for loving us and caring for loving us and caring for us. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear friend,

Pam




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020