February 20–So That We Might Know

Happy Wednesday to you. I hope it’s not terrible weather where you are. I think north of me was pretty slammed last night. I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for summer. I was asked yesterday, “What do you write about?” And it always makes me stop and think because I’m never sure how to answer that question. I always go straight to John and I think how he answered. “But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.” John‬ ‭20:31‬ ‭NIV‬‬


I’m not so bold as to believe that what I write is as life changing as what the apostle wrote, but I want to try to write things that support and reinforce the fact that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the living God and that we can have a life more abundant when we live for Him and with Him day by day. Maybe that goal is a little lofty, but that’s what I’m aiming for. 

John writes his book to the next generation—those who didn’t have an opportunity to see and know Jesus personally in the flesh as he was able to. John was very concerned that his readers understood that Jesus is God; God created everything through Him, and nothing was created except through Him; He is Love; He is Life; He is Light; The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness will never put it out. 

“He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.”

‭‭John‬ ‭1:11-14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

It’s hard to imagine what it must have been like to have been in John’s sandals and to have seen the glory of the one, true Son of God. Wow! No wonder he was compelled and inspired to write it all down! 

Jesus Messiah, you are Light and you are Life. We ask that you dwell among us so that we might experience the wonder and glory and grace of your presence that John speaks of. We worship you our Savior and King and we give you all our praise. We ask for your blessing on our lives so that we might follow you and become more like you each day. Mold us and make us in your image and help us to walk in the light. We know to be like you is to learn to love one another as you first loved us. Thank you for your marvelous mercy. We love you Lord; you are so good. We Amen and amen. 

Love you dear friend, 

Pam. 

https://youtu.be/G-2e9mMf7E8


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020