January 30–Family and Friend

Happy Wednesday to you! I hope your week is going well and it’s not terrible cold where you are. I had such a good day yesterday. I had lunch with my grandson Braden, who is stationed at the Navel base in Connecticut. He’s had a little time off and I was so glad to be able to put my arms around him. Then, I had dinner with two wonderful friends from high school. We talked half the night. 


It’s sometimes amazing how connected we are to other people especially our family and friends. We make time to see them and spend time together when we have an attachment to them. I realized (while I was talking to after 1:00) when ever to I spend hours talking to God? I want share the same connection with God, to feel I am so attached that I make lots of time to talk to Him and make sure I have enough quiet to let Him talk to me. 


“For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son. So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:10-11‬ ‭NLT‬‬


“So now you Gentiles are no longer strangers and foreigners. You are citizens along with all of God’s holy people. You are members of God’s family.” Ephesians‬ ‭2:19‬ ‭NLT


So if we are friends AND family of God, how much more concentrated effort should be given Him? If we are having a family dinner or celebration, we want everyone there, and we make all sorts of concessions with changing around the time so that can happen. Does our King deserve less of us? Each and every day we need to find time for our Lord. Spend time, talk, read, listen, walk with...just like we do with our earthly friends and family, right? 


Dear Father God, who is also my friend, thank you for making yourself so attached to us. You offer friendship and family status to us and we often take it for granted. Help us to remember how vital it is to connect with you every day. Your great grace is so freely given, we pray we remember it wasn’t free for you—it came at a great cost and we offer our sacrifice of praise to you for it. We understand that we fall short but you, God, are gracious and we want to love you more today than yesterday. Thank you for your reckless love that seeks me out whoever I am. We rejoice because your promises are new this morning. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear friend, 

Pam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020