January 28

Happy Monday. I’m writing to you this morning on a brand new phone. One that is neither water damaged nor broken. My other phone just couldn’t make a full recovery after it’s bathtub fiasco, so I had to bite the bullet and get a new one. It took most of Saturday and two trips to the phone store, but yes...it works! 


Isn’t it great that we don’t have to be traded in every time something happens to us? When we fall short of what God would want from us or we just physically fall. Generally get up, dust ourselves off and keep going. I have friends who have worn out their knees, so they get a new one put in. When you consider all your body has to do to accommodate that piece of metal it seems like there is no way that could work. But amazingly, after a few weeks, they’re walking pretty well. 


We are an engineering marvel. From the way our cells reproduce, to repairing, to sensing; to feeding every tiny part; to the intricacies of our blood; to our physical brains making spiritual decisions. We are amazing. I had a physiology professor who said “It’s not surprising that the human body sometimes doesn’t work (it’s so complex you expect failures), but what is astounding is that most often it does work!” And the reason we most often do work is our Creator built in so many ways to ensure we would work just right. 


“You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:13-16‬


Lord thank you for building us so perfectly. We are your masterpiece and we pray you would direct our paths so that we might fulfill the moments you laid out for us before we were even born. Help us to remember just how fearfully and wonderfully made we are and that we are made for your pleasure, not our own. Give us the power and 

purpose to live this designed life in front of everyone we know. Grant us the grace to speak the right words to tell others just how amazing you truly are. We praise you this day and ask your blessing on our lives. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one, 

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020