January 25–Reconcilliation

Happy Friday! Last night I dropped my phone in the bathtub so I’m praying it’s not going to have any lasting side effects. Today is also the anniversary of Bob’s passing-it’s a tough day for me and my family. Mercy...nothing like a little stress to start the day. 


What happens when we get stressed, when we feel like we are pushed from all sides? When you put pressure on an orange, orange juice comes out because that was what was inside the orange. When we are under pressure, slammed if you will, by outside forces, what is squeezed out of us? Is it Jesus or is it us and our old hateful selves? I’d have to say for me, it might depend on the day or the amount of stress I’m under but I try really hard to show Christ more when I’m stressed or angry or under pressure. If people can see us respond in bad situations differently than they are expecting, they can start to believe this Jesus is real and that we are genuine. 


“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God.”

‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭5:17-20‬ ‭NKJV‬‬


He has given to us this ministry—the ministry of reconciliation and with that, we are Christ’s representatives here. If I’m representing God, I need to do my dead-level best to not cave in to my own self—especially under pressure. That’s the very time I need to remember “I have a ministry of reconciliation and people will remember how I react.” 


Father God? Help us to remember that when we are your ministers, we need to represent you well. Give us the strength Lord to always be ready to share with others and to be genuine in our faith as we live it out each day. We ask you to give us the ability to be authentic and vulnerable in our closest relationships and also to be kind, wise, good and careful with those who don’t relate to us as well. Let us live for you today with the grace and power to over come evil. For the glory of your Name, Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one, 

Pam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020