December 3–Monday’s Bride

Happy Monday. I hope you had a good weekend and were able to spend some time in corporate worship and perhaps had a little fun as well. I went to a wedding on Saturday. It was just beautiful with the bridesmaids in red with white fur wraps and the bride was breathtaking. But I have to admit, when the bride makes her entrance, my eyes go straight to the groom. I want to see his expression when he sees his bride—it is almost always a precious sight. Saturday’s groom smiled and began to wipe the tears from his face—he was just overcome with love for her. 


As I looked at his beaming face, I thought about the bridegroom of the church. When Christ returns, what will His face look like? Will he be beaming and crying because He is so excited too see us? 


“Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: “Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear.” (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God’s holy people.) Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.”” Revelation‬ ‭19:6-9‬ ‭NIV‬‬


John speaks of the Bride who has “made herself ready” for the return of Jesus and the marriage supper of the Lamb. Are we making ourselves ready to become a wife of noble character? We could almost use Proverbs 31 as our guide for the right character. What do you think we can do to play a part in this ultimate union of Jesus and his Bride, the Church? I do know this, I want to see a look of pure love and joy when I catch my first glimpse of His precious face. I want Him to be anxious to see me. 


Dear Jesus, we praise you and glorify you our Redeemer and coming King. Help us Lord to understand how to be a bride of noble character as we await your return. We are anxious Lord and we pray for you to come quickly. Savior, we know you love us beyond anything we can understand and we are anxious to be your bride and to attend the marriage supper. We pray we won’t disappoint you. Thank you for your blessing and your protection. We ask for a special touch to those who are hurting and afraid: let them feel your presence today. Blessings and honor to you, our great God. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020