December 11–Together

Good Tuesday. “This is the day the Lord made, we will rejoice and be glad in it!” Even though this may be a non-descrip Tuesday, we are told that everyday is a gift from our Lord and we should be in praise everyday...even those days we really don’t want to be rejoicing, those days when we just don’t understand what’s going on. 


If anyone had a reason to have much doubt and confusion, it was Mary. I wonder if that’s what drove her to run about 30 miles to see her cousin Elizabeth (who was having a baby at 80-some years young). Everyone needs that prayer partner, the friend on whom you can count on to pray and rejoice with you and Elizabeth was that for Mary. 


When Mary arrived there, the Holy Spirit gave Elizabeth the knowledge of who Mary’s baby really was. And when she told Mary, Mary broke out in a song of praise to God. 


“Elizabeth gave a glad cry and exclaimed to Mary, “God has blessed you above all women, and your child is blessed. Why am I so honored, that the mother of my Lord should visit me? When I heard your greeting, the baby in my womb jumped for joy. You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said.” Mary responded, “Oh, how my soul praises the Lord. How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!”

‭‭Luke‬ ‭1:42-47‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Mary was blessed because she believed the Lord would do what he said. What a testimony of Mary’s faith! I have to admit, when I’m in an unfamiliar spot or confused or unsure, praise is not the first thing on my list. But for Mary, she just broke out into praise as if she couldn’t hold it in! I can just imagine the scene—it would be like a real-life Hollywood musical, don’t you think? 


Mary’s walking by faith and not by sight kept her in close communication with the Lord and her natural response was thanksgiving and praise. Even on Tuesdays. 


Dear God of Mary and Elizabeth, our souls magnify you and praise you. We worship you our great King and we pray for the faith of Mary and the righteousness of Elizabeth. Thank you for such wonderful examples that we can follow. Lord we ask for prayer and worship partners as Elizabeth was for Mary—a friend we can count on for spiritual support. You have commanded us to pray for each other and we ask you to direct each of us to our partner. We ask this for the gory of your great name. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one, 

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020