November 28–Be Strong in the Lord

Happy Thursday and I sure hope your week has gone well. I bought my Christmas cards and even though I don’t send many cards out anymore, but I do send a few. On the front of them, it says “When you understand who He is, you’ll understand why He came.” I loved that. And then, last night in my class, we were talking about grace and I thought, you could say it nearly the same way: “When you understand what His grace covers, you’ll know why it is so amazing.”


His grace doesn’t just take care of some of our mistakes, it covers them all if we but ask. Our unexposed and unconfessed sin separates us from God and we are not strong to stand the storms and the awfulness of this life when it hits. When we confess our sin (which we do for our sakes and not God’s), Christ takes care of all of the messes and missteps and then, He can shine right through us. 


“For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.”

‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭4:6-9‬ ‭NIV‬‬


Even in times when we might be pressed, perplexed, persecuted, or struck down, we are not crushed, in despair, abandoned nor destroyed. Simply because even in these tents that we have for this life, we have a treasure to show our strength is from God and not of anything we can do on our own. 


“...for I have this treasure, my God reigns within me, and I am determined to live for the King. I am determined to be invincible, til He has finished His purpose in me. Nothing can shake me for He’ll never forsake me and I am determined to live for the King!”

 

Dear Lord, you are good and your grace is more than sufficient to cover all our sin and shame. We praise you for redemption and for the light you’ve placed within us to give us the knowledge of your glory. To the King of all kings, we offer our faithfulness and determination. Thank you for loving us. And I pray for courage and strength for those approaching Christmas with a sense of dread because it’s their first without a loved one—pour our blessings on them Lord. Amen and amen.


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020