November 23–Thank you Lord

Happy “black” Friday to you. If you’re a bargain shopper, today is one of your favorite days. I don’t like the crowds and the hectic pace of it all but today though be a special day for me because I have a few grandkids that are going to help me decorate my house for Christmas. I always love all the red and green and the lights. It’s such a wonderful way to remember how everyday we can celebrate the holy son of God becoming flesh to take on the sins of the world. 


I’m also trying to finish up my 30 days of thanksgiving journal. Everyday, I have been writing down 5 specific things I’m thankful for. As I have gone through this exercise this month, I wonder if it is something I should continue long after November so that everyday, I spend some time to specifically count my blessings. 


“Praise the Lord! I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Everything he does reveals his glory and majesty. His righteousness never fails. He causes us to remember his wonderful works. How gracious and merciful is our Lord!”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭111:1-4‬ ‭NLT

“Let the whole earth sing to the Lord! Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise! He is to be feared above all gods. The gods of other nations are mere idols, but the Lord made the heavens! Let the heavens be glad, and the earth rejoice! Tell all the nations, “The Lord reigns!” Let the sea and everything in it shout his praise! Let the fields and their crops burst out with joy!”

‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭16:23-26, 31-32‬ ‭NLT‬‬


10,000 reasons for my heart to sing and surely, I can find five a day for more than just the month of November. 


Dear Lord, you reign and everything you made shouts of your majesty and glory. You are the holy God we worship and that we praise. Your righteousness never fails and your glory and majesty is seen everywhere we look. Thank you for your provisions and for the abundant life you want for each of us. Thank you for sending your Son. You are glorious and the King of all kings. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020