October 9–Count it Joy

Happy Tuesday. How is it going for you? Yesterday was a rocky start to my week. First my hand doctor tells me my grip is weak and I need to get it stronger. Then, my fence builder called me about a property line dispute. A new pair of boots I was wearing lost a grommet. Then the care center where my mom lives called and said she needs to go to the doctor for swelling. I just wanted to throw up my hands and call timeout! 


Then, I thought about what James said. James who refers to himself as a slave of Jesus Christ. James who understood what it meant to be all in. 


“Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.” James‬ ‭1:2-4‬ ‭NLT‬‬


I understand that my troubles were not horrible or terrible but James says “of any kind” and I try to remember that for even small aggravations. So I’m counting it all joy and realizing that when things I see as a problem happen, they can be just an opportunity for me to lear, to grow, and to become more Christ-centered and less Pam-centered. 


And I’ve got a great therapist for my hand to help me; the surveyors are coming this morning to flag the pins; the boot was actually fixed pretty easily back at the shop; and my mom is going to the doctor this morning. All is good. It amazes me how a big ball of so-called problems can just unravel pretty easily when you start to count it as joy. 


Dear Lord, thank you for teaching us to count even our little issues as joy. Thank you for moulding us and making us into the people you would have us to be so we can look more like you. Jesus, your name is above all other names and we pray for the day that at your great name every knee will bow, in heaven and earth and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. We give you praise and thanksgiving for your grace that is greater than all our sin. Amen and amen. 


Love you friend,

Pam



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020