October 5

Happy Friday. Here it is. Another week is coming to an end and we also started a new month this week. At the end of the day, at the end of the week, at the end of the month, can we measure what we have done for the kingdom? And not necessarily on a green accounting tablet or in excel, but at some point, we should be able to count what we have accomplished for the cause of Christ. 


“Obviously, I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant.”

‭‭Galatians‬ ‭1:10‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Sometimes I tend to fall into the trap of thinking because I’ve accepted Jesus and He loves me with a redeeming love beyond all measure, I can just kick back and take life easy. But that attitude completely ignores the scriptures. If we are Christ’s servant, we are commanded to be His hands and His feet and we are called to do His good works according to His purpose (not ours). 


And the Jesus pushes us one step further. Not to “just” do good works but to do good to those who hate us and those who wrong us. 


““But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you.”

‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:27‬ ‭NLT‬‬


That’s tough, too. Last night when I was driving home there was a big trucker not being nice to me. He was right on my bumper, flashing lights at me and honking his horn all because I was going to speed limit. I got a little upset to tell you the truth. I wanted to take a picture of his tag and report him but I needed both hands to drive! And then after it was all over I though I should have just pulled over on the shoulder and let him pass me (since there was a car in the other lane) and not gotten so aggravated with him. “Do good...” even to silly truckers. 


Dear Jesus, thank you for teaching us how to love people, even people who are not nice. Even those people who have wronged us and hatefully hurt us. Help us to be more like you and do good, even to those people. You are such a good God and we praise you and lift you high this day. We love you and sing hallelujah to our only great King! We ask for your blessings and protection as we go forward with the day and we ask Lord to feel you—to feel your presence with us. In your precious Name, amen and amen. 


Love you dear one, 

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020