October 25-He’s a Great God

Happy Thursday! Well,, my Wednesday was a bit hectic, how was yours? Mine started with a phone call from my mom’s memory care unit just before 9:00 to let me know she had taken a pretty good fall. The nurse explained to me she had a pretty good cut on her head and they had called 911 and would be transporting her to the hospital. When I got there, she was a bloody mess, to say the least. I was asking questions left and right and then, I heard “...but the EMTs said she walked over to the stretcher and got on it...” My worry turned to a quiet giggle. Mama will be 91 on Saturday and has advanced dementia, but she is still tough. After all the tests and x-rays and even a head and neck CT, she just needed stitches. She bruised like she’s been in a fight, but nothing broken and her labs were “great.”  


While I was waiting for those results, I looked at my phone and my verse (that my friend Ashley sends me everyday) was "God will strengthen you with his own great power so that you will not give up when troubles come, but you will be patient." Colossians 1:11

And I though, “God knew I was going to need these very words at this very moment.” Sometimes His attention to the details of our lives just blows me away. With the entire universe to worry over, he cares enough about me sitting here with my little mama that he makes sure today’s verse from Ashley is the perfect one! And once again I realize what a wonderful Savior I serve.


“Take the old prophets as your mentors. They put up with anything, went through everything, and never once quit, all the time honoring God. What a gift life is to those who stay the course! You’ve heard, of course, of Job’s staying power, and you know how God brought it all together for him at the end. That’s because God cares, cares right down to the last detail.”

‭‭James‬ ‭5:10-11‬ ‭MSG‬‬


And He does care right down to the last detail of our lives. Hasn’t He shown that to you? 


Dear Lord of the Angel Armies, we praise you this day for all the mighty things you have done but especially for all the small things you have done for us just because you care so deeply for us. Your love just astounds us and leaves us speechless. It is reckless and overwhelming and we can only be humbled by its magnitude. Thank you Father for caring and counting us as your children. We bring you the sacrifice of thanksgiving and we sing hallelujah to you our great King. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear friend, 

Pam

  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020