October 16

Good Tuesday to you and how are you doing today? I’m slowly but surely getting better. I had a good day yesterday and i was even able to do a few things. However, I showed up at 8:00 for a 9:30 appointment (which I suppose is better than the reverse!) I had it in my calendar wrong, so I had extra time to go to McDonalds and get some breakfast. But it was a little disconcerting when I showed up, because the receptionist couldn’t find my name—I was out of order. 


There is an order to most of life. We crawl before we walk, we walk before we run. We learn to add and subtract before we study algebra. An order to how we grow and do and learn. Jesus tells us  


“So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:31-34‬ ‭NIV‬‬


The order for us, as we live this life? Jesus said if we FIRST seek the kingdom of God and God’s righteousness, everything else falls into place. It is the correct order of things. First and foremost, everyday seek the kingdom of God.  


That sounds so easy but I for one, have days when that just doesn’t happen. I can usually get it together before I go to sleep at night, but then something happens and I’m off on thinking about 25 other things instead of putting the first thing first by the time I wake up. Its not just a matter of discipline, but remembering to “let the old man die” everyday. Taking time when I first wake up to spend those first few moments in the presence of the Holy One focuses the rest of my day and I find myself continually seeking the Kingdom of God and righteousness, rather than the silliness of this world. We all need that order in our lives. 


Dear Jesus thank you for your precious Word and for ordering our steps. You have laid the path for us to follow and to seek your kingdom and your righteousness. We know you have promised to provide for us overly and abundantly and we ask for your help as we focus ourselves with the things of you. Help us not to worry about tomorrow, but to be concerned with today and the things you would have for us to do today. We love you and praise you for all the mighty things you have done and we sing hallelujah to your Great Name. 


Love you dear one,

Pam 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020