October 1-Jerusalem, Jerusalem 

Happy Monday. I hope you had a great weekend and were able to worship the Lord your God in fullness and truth. It’s such an awesome privilege to be with other believers and collectively praise our God and study the ancient words that are the only truth for our eternity. 


We looked at the end of Luke chapter 13 and the last two verses certainly resonated with me. (Maybe because I’m making plans to visit Jerusalem next June.)


““O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God’s messengers! How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn’t let me. And now, look, your house is abandoned. And you will never see me again until you say, ‘Blessings on the one who comes in the name of the LORD!’ ””

‭‭Luke‬ ‭13:34-35‬ ‭NLT‬‬


When Jesus says “Jerusalem, Jerusalem,” I can’t help but hear the anguish in His voice. The city that He so loved has been disappointing to Him time and time again. This is the city that will crucify Him just a few days after laying the palm leafs for his donkey as they sang hosanna. Jerusalem, what a disappointment you were to the Savior. 


And we can point fingers and shake our heads at the “holy” city, but really, are we ready to throw the first rock? I don’t think I am because I wonder if He has ever said. my name just like he said “O Jerusalem”? Does He ever say “Oh Pam, Pam..” because I’ve once again become a major disappointment to Him? Of course He has because He loves me just like he loves Jerusalem, so when I fail, I break His heart in the very same way. 


Sometimes when we read through parts of scripture, it’s a tough bite. There’s a song by the Sidewalk Prophets that when it comes up on my playlist I always hit replay. 


We all start on the outside

The outside looking in

This is where grace begins

We were hungry, we were thirsty

With nothing left to give

Oh the shape that we were in

Just when all hope seemed lost

Love opened the door for us

He said come to the table

Come join the sinners who have been redeemed

Take your place beside the Savior now

Sit down and be set free

Come to the table

Come meet this motley crew of misfits

These liars and these thiefs

There's no one unwelcome here, no

So that sin and shame that you brought with you

You can leave it at the door

And let mercy draw you near

Just come to the table

Come join the sinners, you have been redeemed

Take your place beside the Savior now

Sit down and be set free

Come to the table

Just come to the table


Dear Jesus, thank you for letting me come to the table and setting me free. For continuing to change me from the inside out and for not giving up on me. Your grace is great and your goodness overwhelmed me. You are the Alpha and the Omega and our Holy One. You are our God and we are your people. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one, 

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020