Octiber 11-Overbend

It’s Thursday! I hope your week has been half as good as mine, since I’ve been spending quite a bit of time snuggling with a little guy who is one week old today. 


Yesterday, I think I learned a couple of things. 1) Let your support and comfort come first from God. People try, but they are going to say and do silly things because we are all people. But if your primary support is from God, you can have the grace to be kind to the silliest of folks. 2) In those areas where we need work, we just may have to “over bend” a little. Shannon, my hand therapist, reshaped my night splint and my knuckle over straightens when it’s in the splint. She is trying to train my finger to be straight so a little over straightening can help it to be straighter. You see people do that with trees that are crooked. They will tie a rope and not straighten the tree, but bend it the other way so that when they let it go, it’s straight. 


So as I’m thinking about both of those this morning, I wondered why God was bringing those particular things to my mind. They seem completely unrelated until I prayed for just the slightest bit and then, it is as clear as if God himself wrote it out with a sharpie. 


My tolerance for people who are silly is not good. My sister bought me a shirt for my birthday that says “This September girl does not play well with stupid.” And truly, she knows me very well. I know that what I have to do is first repent for such an attitude and then, over bend. Go the 2nd and 3rd mile for those folks who try my patience and make me a little nutty. Spend twice as much time as I’d like talking and visiting. Pray for them specifically and above all, be overly nice. I’ve go to over-bend my tree that has grown the wrong way far too long. 


“Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy.”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:23-24‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.” Ephesians‬ ‭4:32‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Dear Lord, thank you for your great grace and for extending it to me. I love you and I worship your great Name this day. Help me Jesus and teach me your ways that I might be kind to each other. 

You are the rock of our salvation, and our hearts sing hallelujah to you this day. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020