September 8-Faith of a Child

It’s the weekend and it’s finally football season. It is the most wonderful time, isn’t it? Well for those of us who love football it is. And for those of you who have to tolerate football for the sake of someone you love, I’m sure there is a special reward in heaven for you (especially if you bring snacks to a football junkie!). 


This is also the time of the year for grandparents day. I have a couple to do next week but I had a special one with Ozzie this past week. I think the think I love the most is seeing the excitement on his face when he spots me in the crowd—it changes instantly. I love it. As soon as he saw me, he jumped up and ran to me. Then he wanted to show me all sorts of things, including a card he’d made for me. It said “I’m glad you’re my grandma because you love me, you hug me and you “hode” my hand.” Mercy that was sweet and I just melted. He could have asked me for a new car at that moment and I’d have said “What kind?” 

That sweet, innocent, unconditional love of a child who delights in your just being there is exactly what Jesus was telling the disciples when parents had brought their children to Him to bless. 

“Then Jesus called for the children and said to the disciples, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.””

‭‭Luke‬ ‭18:16-17‬ ‭NLT‬‬

And I wonder, “Do I delight in just the presence of Jesus? Just because He’s here with me? And am I so glad He’s mine because He loves me, and holds my hand? Because scripture is pretty clear here. If we don’t receive Him in childlike faith and exuberance, we will never enter the Kingdom of God. It’s not hard, though...just watch those kids. 

Dear Jesus thank you for children and their example of love and faith. How much we can learn from the simple way they look at life. You are good and kind and we love you. Help us to have a childlike faith and simply trust and believe and love with exuberance and reckless abandon. We praise you and worship you for you alone are worthy. Amen and amen. 

Love you dear friend,

Pam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020