September 5-Jesus Prayed

Happy Wednesday Vivian. Yesterday I had quite a few errands to run and while I was running around, I heard Rick Warren preach a sermon on Jesus praying. Last Sunday, our pastor preached on the Lord’s prayer. Sometimes I know I feel like action is more my forte and I forget the power of being still before the Lord. But...how important was prayer to Jesus? Jesus who was already God. Jesus who already knew all the answers. 


Obviously, it was very important to him. He prayed everyday, going off by himself and many times scripture tells us for a very long while. And after He prayed, miracles occurred. So when the disciples asked him to teach them to pray, maybe they were really asking Him to teach them how to have that same power. 


“Once Jesus was in a certain place praying. As he finished, one of his disciples came to him and said, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.””

‭‭Luke‬ ‭11:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Jesus answered the disciple by giving what we call the Lord’s Prayer, but do you think He was giving a formula for us to go by or do you think it was a wholistic lesson? Showing us how and what to focus on—to focus on God the Father and our needs (not our wants). 


So many times we have heard people say “Well, all we can do now is pray” when that should be our initial reaction not the last resort. Prayer is so important to Jesus that He continues to do that right now for us. 


“Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf. He is the kind of high priest we need because he is holy and blameless, unstained by sin. He has been set apart from sinners and has been given the highest place of honor in heaven.”

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭7:25-26‬ ‭NLT‬‬


When I think about Jesus interceding for me, I think that insignificant me must be a pretty big deal to Jesus if the King of the Universe, the Messiah, takes the time to pray for me. Don’t you suppose He has all kinds of other things He could be doing? Yet He takes time to pray for me. Yeah, prayer is very important to Jesus. And the more I realize how important it is to the Master, the more important it becomes to me. 


Dear Jesus thank you for praying for me, for interceding on my behalf. You are good and you are great. Lord of Lords and King of Kings we thank you for your gift of prayer and that we are able to come to you at anytime, anywhere to bring all of our needs to you. We worship you and we lift you high this day. Praise Adonai. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear friend,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020