September 26-Guard your Heart

It’s Wednesday. The middle of the week when we start thinking that the week is 1/2 over, and have I done 1/2 of what I intended to this week and the weekend is coming and what do I need to do to get ready for it...all those mid-week things. Yesterday, I just tried to pack too many things into one day. I think it started with sleeping a little later and starting the day a little behind. Do you ever do that? Once you are 30 minutes behind it seems like you turn around and you’re 45 minutes behind, then an hour? And you had more planned to do in one day than you could get done anyway? Yeah, that was pretty much my day yesterday. It was a good day, but I never felt like I was in control...more like it controlled me. I completely forgot the crucial part when I started to lose control. 


“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” Philippians‬ ‭4:6-7‬ ‭NLT‬


Worrying over being behind or stressing because you aren’t getting enough done is certainly NOT experiencing the peace that God has for us. That same peace is what He promises will guard our hearts AND our minds. And if your mind is anything like mine, (running full speed 24/7 with ping pong ball thoughts flying all around in my head), it desperately needs to be guarded with the peace that passes understanding. The Bible tells us that our thoughts often dictate who we become. Our minds reflect who we really are, not simply our actions or words. That is why God examines our hearts, not simply our outward appearances. 


So how did I lose my peace? It really isn’t rocket science. I forgot to just stop and pray about it all—right at the moment I started to lose control of my time, I needed to take more time to just stop and pray. Pray and find my peace. Then, no matter what the day, how much you have on your plate, or how big your task, your heart and mind are guarded. Because just as there are physical diseases that can affect your heart, there are many things that can affect the growth and development of our spiritual hearts. 


Dear Jesus thank you for providing the way to ensue our hearts and minds would be guarded with your peace as we live in you. You are our Messiah, our Savior, the soon and coming King and we praise you and worship your holy name. Thank you for your goodness and grace for us. You have blessed us beyond measure. We ask for your protection this day—surround us, go before us and walk beside us. We pray we would feel and hear you. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020