September 25-It’s All His

Happy Tuesday. I had a crazy day yesterday. In front of my house there were 4 big trucks and 8 men from Empire Electric Company to set 2 power poles, a big truck from the cable company to burry a line, my landscaper’s big truck and trailer with a skid steer and two big trees. With all that equipment, there wasn’t room for my little 4-runner so a guy from Empire asked if he could move it around the corner and down the block. Isn’t that funny? No room for my car at my house.


Does that sound familiar? When the Maker of Universe was told he wasn’t welcome in this world, do you think there was a little snicker or some sarcasm under His breath when he said “Even if you don’t believe me, look at what I’ve done”? He made this place and you’re telling Him he doesn’t belong? Some nerve! (Which is sort of what I wanted to tell the electricity guy, this is my house, remember?)


“Jesus replied, “I have already told you, and you don’t believe me. The proof is the work I do in my Father’s name...I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me,...After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world. Don’t believe me unless I carry out my Father’s work. But if I do his work, believe in the evidence of the miraculous works I have done, even if you don’t believe me. Then you will know and understand that the Father is in me, and I am in the Father.””

‭‭John‬ ‭10:25, 28, 34, 36-38 NLT


“Believe in the miraculous works that I have done!” I think he still calls us to that today. To believe in the miracles that we see all around us and in our lives. The great variety of nature and the miracle of new birth. God is good and God is great and through His mighty works we can begin to understand Him. This is His world and to appreciate it is to know God better. 


“The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship.” Psalms‬ ‭19:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Dear Jesus, thank you for showing us who you are through your mighty works. You have been so good to us and you continue to shower us with blessings that we often overlook. Open our eyes Lord that we might see and open our ears Lord that we might hear for we don’t want to miss you when you act or when you speak to us. Surround us this day and go before us we pray. Give us the wisdom to help those in need of your love and grace. We want to be your witness. We being praise and honor to you alone. Hallelujah and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020