September 19–The Word

Happy Wednesday to you. I trust you are doing well this week and making progress on your to-do list what ever that might be. I’m working on my yard this week with my landscaper—fun for me and probably stressful for him since I like to be right in the middle of everything. I have been learning somethings about how you put in systems and design flower beds and align trees and bushes. 


Sometimes for me, it’s more about the learning than what I’m doing. I love learning new things. However, when we talk about scripture, it’s not about learning for learning sake. We are told that scripture is inspired. And it is given, not just for the sake of learning, but to 

1. Tell us what is right;

2. Tell us what is not right;

3. Tell us how to get right; and

4. Tell us how to stay right. 


“All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.”

‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭3:16-17‬ ‭NLT‬‬


God uses it to prepare us to do every good work. I’m having a good time with my yard, but I’m not going to be putting in other yards. I’m not going to go around looking at yards telling people what’s wrong and how they can make it right. I’m just doing it for fun. But scripture? It’s serious. 


I think the seriousness of scripture is the reason Satan makes it convenient for us to find reasons to not read. We don’t have time or we’re “going” to do it later and then we are too tired. There’s always an excuse. But scripture is too important to NOT incorporate it into our daily routine. It has to be just like brushing our teeth—something we are in the habit of doing in our daily regimen. And God will use it to prepare good work in us. Even if it’s one verse for today that you can meditate on throughout the day, it is profitable.


“And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.”

‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:8‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Dear Father we thank you for the power of scripture in our lives and we ask for the mental strength to bring it into our lives each and every day. You are God and your word is truth and life and we need that truth and life daily. We praise you our great God Jehovah for you alone are worthy to be glorified. Go before us this day and fight our battles for us. Surround us with your Spirit and let us feel your holy presence today. We love you Father. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020