September 13-God’s Family

Happy Thursday. Yesterday, I worked hard watching men work on my yard and before long, I won’t just have a mud pit, but I’ll actually have a nice yard. I’m pretty excited about that. I’m also pretty excited that my grandson is here on leave from the naval base in Connecticut spending a little time with me (and of course the rest of the family). It’s good to see him and to hear about what’s been going on in his life. 


I like to see Braden and spend time with him because he is mine. He is my family and I cherish him. When I think about how much I love spending time with my family, I think about God and how much he loves spending time with His family—us. How he likes to hear what’s going on in our lives and what issues we may be facing. 


“For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, because we are members of his body.” Ephesians 5:29–30


Does it ever just leave you awestruck to think that you are actually part of the body of Christ? That is more than I can take in or even really imagine. It’s just beyond belief, actually, that the holy God creator of the universe would consider me part of his body? Part of his family? Wow. Worship Him just a minute. Meditate on the miracle that we are ordinary human beings who are connected to a God “who dwells in unapproachable light” (1 Tim. 6:16).


“This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church.” Ephesians 5:32


The sun is ninety-three million miles away, and still, we can’t look directly at it or we will damage our eyes. We can’t even get much closer than the planet earth, or we will burn up. What kind of a mystery is it that we are attached to the One who shines brighter than the sun? The angels in heaven cover themselves with their wings in His presence (Isa. 6:2), but we are a members of His body. Why would someone so amazingly extraordinary choose to treat us like His own arm? Or even better, like his own grandkid? 


Dear Lord, thank you for loving me enough to make me a part of your family. I’m amazed that you took me in to be one of yours. I am blessed by you. Today, we stand on the promise that you are near to those who love you and we want to feel your presence Lord. Last night I met someone hurting desperately Lord, wrap your arms around her and speak to her. Thank you for being the great God whom we can trust to always keep your promises. We love you and worship you Lord. You are a good father and a faithful friend to the end. Amen and amen  


Love you dear friend,

Pam.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020