August 8–A Sure Foundation

Happy Wednesday and as John says writing to Gaius, “Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit.” 3 John‬ ‭1:2‬ ‭NLT‬


Yesterday my sister and I visited my mothers (our mom and my mother-in-law). Both of them suffer from dementia (my mom asked me yesterday if I was her brother). But what we noticed was they were both in remarkably good spirits. They smiled often and laughed quite a bit. One thing my mother-in-law said was “I won’t be here much longer, I’m going to disappear. But that’s ok because I know where I’m going.” Even though she doesn’t process very well anymore and forgets most things, she hasn’t forgotten that her sure foundation, her confidence is in Christ and Christ alone to take care of her through this last leg of her journey. 


“So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.”

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭6:18-19‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Those of us who have fled to Him for refuge can all have that great confidence and hope! I love that picture of running as fast as I can and flinging myself into His arms for safety. And there are those times, certain days we all need to hold tighter to that hope and anchor. 


My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus’ blood and righteousness. I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus’ name. On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand. 


No matter if those bad days and especially if the last leg is at 95 or 105 or 35, anything we stand on besides the solid rock is not worthy of our hope. It does not hold confidence nor is it a trustworthy anchor, but it is merely shifting, sinking sands. 


Dear Jesus thank you for something solid we can hold on to on this crazy, ever changing world. When everything around us seems unsure and unstable we know you are our hope and confidence and our sure foundation. We praise you this day because we know you go before us and you stand behind and that you are ALWAYS by our side. You command the angel armies and hold the universe in your hand. You are holy; help us Lord to love you more and serve you more faithfully. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020