August 31-Old vs New

Happy Friday. Another week draws quickly to completion. And I am tired! I’ve worked so hard and long everyday this week that this morning, my body is bruised and sore and I’m starting out tired. More than once I’ve picked up (or tried to pick up) a box that was too heavy or a piece of furniture and just lost my balance. That kind of thing never used to happen to me. When I was in my 20s and 30s or even 40s, moving was at most a 2-day affair. But now, it’s been almost a week and I still have boxes and blank walls! 


It’s time for me to face the fact that I am in an older body. My tent is starting to show some wear and tear and there are things I simply cannot do any longer. It saddens me, but cartwheels are no longer in my repertoire. And neither is staying up late every night, eating whatever I want, running fast, the splits, and the list goes on. And the things I can do take longer and that makes me a little crazy. But it’s what happens with age. 


“Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die, this Scripture will be fulfilled: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:54‬ ‭NLT‬‬


But the good news? We won’t have these old, worn out bodies forever! These bodies we have now start to die as soon as we are born. But our new bodies will be built to last forever. How great is that? Bodies that never get tired, battered and bruised. Bodies that can do cartwheels and run all day...and all night (except we’re told in that place there is no night, probably because we never get tired.) In that place where the Lamb is the Light and we are in the very presence of God. What’s the first thing you want to do when you get there? Who is the first person you want to see? 


“But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed! It will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed.”

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:51-52‬ ‭NLT


Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for conquering the grave and taking away the sting of death for us. We worship you in bodies that are corruptible but one day we will bow in your presence transformed to live forever. You are such an awesome God, so powerful and mighty, yet you care so much about us. We love you and praise you for you alone are worthy. Go before and stand behind us this day. Help us to feel your presence in our lives. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear friend,

Pam



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020