August 23–Homes

It is Thursday, the 23rd. A day I’ve had marked In my calendar for a few months and have been excited to see coming. Barring complications, I’m going be a home owner in just a little while. I am just pretty giddy at the thought of having a house that belongs to me. A place to park my car and my clothes and my dishes. A place where I can entertain and watch football and sleep or stay up late. A place to be quiet or play my music loud. 


Through this building process, I’ve been in that house several times a week, starting with the footings. It has been quite the process and I’m sure the builders have just about had their fill of “Ms Pam” and are more ready for this project to be completed than I am. There has been some amazing things going on over the past few months but I’ve pointed out a few things to fix, which is to be expected in a house and all its systems (and with me hanging over the workers shoulders). I have no doubt they will all get fixed (and then some) because I have a good builder. But no matter how stellar your builder might be, and no matter how great your house may be, it’s a house. And no matter how excited I am to be in my new house, it’s just a house. 


“Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself. For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything.” Hebrews‬ ‭3:3-4‬ ‭NIV‬‬


God is the builder of everything and In order for a house to be a home, Christ must be foundational in His residence and have the greatest honor. The Spirit of God must take preeminence in that place. And unless our REAL dwelling place (not the brick and mortar one) is built to be a part of the household of God, with the sure foundation of the apostles and the cornerstone of Christ, (the place where God abides), well friends, even if we live in a mansion, we are still homeless. 


“So now you Gentiles are no longer strangers and foreigners. You are citizens along with all of God’s holy people. You are members of God’s family. Together, we are his house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets. And the cornerstone is Christ Jesus himself. We are carefully joined together in him, becoming a holy temple for the Lord. Through him you Gentiles are also being made part of this dwelling where God lives by his Spirit.” Ephesians‬ ‭2:19-22‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Dear Jesus, help me to remember that you are the cornerstone and you alone join the building—all things are held together by you and for you. And with me, you are building a dwelling place for your Spirit to abide. Not a house built of brick and stone, but a holy temple in the Lord. You are the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end. All glory and honor and power are to you, our only wise King. You are truly an awesome, great God and we have only begun to see your majesty and glory. Praise you Father. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020