August 2

It’s Thursday and it’s a rainy morning in western Florida. The surf was sure high yesterday bringing in lots of creatures and shells. Gracie and Georgia had decided to save the shells with perfect little round holes in them and string them together for some sort of project when they get home. So for the past couple of days, the rest of us have started spotting those perfect little holed shells for them.  


When I was walking the beach yesterday, I bent down to pick one up. I kept staring at that hole and wondering “What made it? and “Why is it so perfectly round?” and “Why is it just the exact size of all the others?” It just seemed so random yet so perfectly planned. Then I thought about the hole in all of us—again, so perfectly planned. It the exact same shape and size in all of us. It’s just how we were made. Everyone of us. We’re all made with that God-shaped hole in us. And either we allow God to fill it and be everything He can be to us or we keep Him out of our lives and we stay empty, broken, never complete and always struggling to fill up with something else that will never satisfy. But it’s our choice what to do with the perfectly formed, God-shaped hole. 


““God wanted people to look for him, and perhaps in searching all around for him, they would find him. But he is not far from any of us. It is through him that we are able to live, to do what we do, and to be who we are. As your own poets have said, ‘We all come from him.’ “That’s right. We all come from God. So we must not think that he is like something people imagine or make. He is not made of gold, silver, or stone.”

‭‭Acts‬ ‭17:27-29‬ ‭ERV‬‬


So it is in Him that we live and move and have our being. So maybe I’m looking at it backwards? Maybe the hole is not in us for God to fill, maybe we are to get inside God and gain our entirety from Him. He shouldn’t be a little piece of us, but He should be ALL to us. We are to be IN HIM. Maybe He has a Pam-shaped hole waiting for me to jump in. Hmmmm...


Dear Jesus please never let me be so ego-centered that I forget YOU are God and I am not. You are the holy one of heaven who makes the way for me and you alone are worthy to be praised. Through you I am able to live and move and be and without you, I am nothing, and I can do nothing. Thank you Jesus for saving me. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020