July7-Friends

Happy Weekend. Last night, my friend Paula and I went to dinner at Chili’s. We had a really good meal-mine was chicken with mango and she had avocado grilled steak. Yet, even with that awesome dinner, we actually enjoyed spending time with one another more than the meal. Friends. 


While we were talking about the last two years and even the last few months, I thought about how much we need friends and how important it is to have them to share the highs and the lows, the indecisions, and the victories. We aren’t meant to live this life in isolation. 


“Friends love through all kinds of weather, and families stick together in all kinds of trouble.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭17:17‬ ‭MSG‬‬


Then I remembered our greatest friend and resource—our Father, brother and companion. How would we possibly survive this world and all it throws at us without our Savior? Friends are certainly important but a relationship with our Father is vital. 

Savior, please take my hand .

I work so hard, I live so fast.

This life begins, then it ends.

And then I do the best that I can,

But I don't know how long I'll last.
I try to be so tough,

But I'm just not strong enough.

I can't do this alone, God I need you

To hold on to me.

I try to be good enough,

But I'm nothing without your love.

Savior, please keep saving me.


I can truly appreciate that last line—Savior, keep saving me.  


We often say “he’s a good person” and then, we follow that with “even though he...” it’s because none of us, Christian or non-Christian, are good. We are specifically told there is none good but God. So, even though we try to be good enough, we try to be tough enough, but we can’t do it alone. We aren’t meant to do it alone. 


Savior, keep saving us and thank you for not leaving us alone to try to do it all by ourselves. You are our closest friend and never leave our side. We praise you for the gift of friends who walk trough the valleys, ford the streams and climb the mountains with us. You care for us in all ways. We love you and we sing Hallelujah to the Lamb. Amen and amen. 


Have a great weekend, love you dear friend,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020