July 31-Renew

Happy Tuesday. How is your week going? Mine had a predictable moment yesterday. I wear a contact in my left eye at night. I put it in before I go to sleep and I take it out when I wake up. It changes the shape of my eye while I sleep and so all day, I am able to focus close and read just fine. But by the evening, my eye starts to revert to its shape and things get blurry. I have to put the contact in again at night and reshape my eye. 


Yesterday, I lost my contact down the drain! It seems like every time I travel and get out of my routine, something happens to that contact. Tal was able to take apart the sink and retrieve it this morning, but I had lost the night with it. So this is a day with glasses because my eyes can’t see. They can’t focus on letters and numbers that are normal sized print.  


What happens to us when we don’t reshape our minds every day with the word of God? Do our spiritual eyes get blurry? Do we have difficulty reading the signs the Savior has laid out for us? The very Word of God spoken to us renews our minds, reshapes our thoughts, and clears our vision for what lies ahead of us. We can’t just pick up the Word every now and again and think we are good, we have to continually renew—it’s a daily process, even when we’re on vacation! And when we are out of our routine and forget to renew, we can get all out of sinc. 


“We know that God, who raised the Lord Jesus, will also raise us with Jesus and present us to himself together with you. All of this is for your benefit. And as God’s grace reaches more and more people, there will be great thanksgiving, and God will receive more and more glory. That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.”

‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭4:14-18‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Lord Jesus we love you and praise you today and thank you for your marvelous love. Help us to renew our minds daily and to look at the things that cannot be seen. You are our God and we are your people. Help us to extent your grace to those around us and to share the great good news with those who have never heard. We sing hallelujah, the Lamb has overcome. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020