July 26-Just Chill

 Happy Thursday to you. I’m not bragging, but this is a big day for me. First of all I’m going back to the hand surgeon to get my stitches out (hurray) and then later this afternoon, I’m taking off for Vacation! I’m pretty excited to be headed to the beach—my favorite happy place to chill. So often we get so caught up in doing life, we forget to take a little down time and just relax a bit, at least that’s how this summer has been for me. So, I’m off for a week or so with my sunglasses to just enjoy. 


Much of the time, we can get caught in the trap of worrying more about how much we accomplish and how it’s accomplished than the folks around us. We end up leading performance-based lives to the point we can unintentionally let it carry over to our Christian walks. We subconsciously even slide into the idea that we can earn God’s approval if we get enough done. We’ve probably all been caught up in “God’s work” at one tome or another when the ministry became more important than the Messiah.


We can’t forget that Christ died for the ungodly, for the broken, for the bruised, for those who really don’t have it all together. 


“When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good. But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:6-8‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Still sinners. God doesn’t need for us to be perfect. He doesn’t want us to present a clean slate to Him. He is in the business of taking the broken pieces of our lives and melding it together to create something so beautiful that He calls us His “treasured possession.”


We all think from time to time, “I’m not good enough for this whole Christian thing,” and we are absolutely right! The truth is, none of us are “good enough.” We’ve all sinned and fallen short of God’s standard of holiness. Sometimes I think that accounts for our business—if we keep moving, we don’t have to think about how short we are of God’s holiness. 


But once we realize it, we just give our mess to Him. All the dirt and crumbs of our life and somehow, He can fix it all. “Come to me and rest.” And that my friend is what I’m doing for the next week. I’m giving Him everything I’ve been struggling with over the past few weeks and I’m going to rest. 


Father God, Thank you for sending your Son to take our place on Calvary. We are so grateful that our righteousness comes from Him and has absolutely nothing to do with our works or our accomplishments. We trust in the Perfect Sacrifice and praise Him because He is our Savior and our King. Amen and amen. 


Love you dear friend, 

Pam

Comments

  1. Such beautiful truth- clearly understood and clearly conveyed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020